6 week old Golden Comet wobbling - Help please

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by beanntony, Jun 21, 2009.

1. beanntony

beanntony Hatching

Jun 21, 2009
    Hi all, I'm new to this so hope I came to the right place. My husband bought me 31 baby chickens for our anniversary and who would have ever thought one could love chickens SO much. These ladies (and 2 gents) are the highlight of my days now. We have built them a nice big coop and pen and they are now 6 weeks old and thriving, except one. She is a golden comet and she has always walked funny but now she really wobbles and when she tries to run, she falls down and rolls and tumbles. She eats fine and drinks fine but she rests a bit more than the others and she seems weak. I picked her up and held her and she isnt filling out like the others either. I dont know if this is neurological or muscular, but I would be willing to take her to the vet if I thought they could help her. Any ideas what this might be? Thanks for all of your help, and for all the great posts, I've learned so much. [​IMG]

Janeene
    [email protected]

2. Glenda L Heywood

Glenda L Heywood Songster

Apr 11, 2009
    i WOULD TAKE THE ONE EFFECTED AND FEED HER A 1-1000MG VIT e CAPSULE
    CUT THE TIP OFF THE CAPSULE AND DRIZZLE IT IN HER MOUNT

TWICE A DAY AND SHE NEEDS A vIT b COMPLEX ALSO TWICE A DAY FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS

with that said here is how I would do it

do this for the whole flock

THIS IS FOR YOUR CHICKENS NOW

the chick that is disorientated needs to have the Vitamin E and Vit B complex put in the wet mash probiotic to help the nervous system
    do this

now the
    natural probiotic recipe is is:
    1/2 qt of dry crumbles
    3/4 QT of milk, sweet, sour, or buttermilk or a mixture of all or some
    1/4 cup of non flavored yoguart ( no artificial sweetmer)
    mix good
    YOU CAN ADD LAST ON TOP OF WET MASH
    1/4 CUP OF APPLE SAUCE AS THEY WILL EAT THAT GOOD

NOW THE IMPORTANT INGRIEDIENT FOR EACH CHICKEN FED
    and add 1- 1000 mg of Vit E by cutting the end off the vit E capsule and 1 vit B complex for each chicken fed this wet mash
    putting the vit's in the wet mash

WET MASH/VIT'S FOR ONE CHICKEN

2 tbsp of the dry feed crumbles
    3 tbsp of milk
    1 tbsp of yoguart
    1 tbsp of apple sauce on top after mixing it with the vit's

this for each chicken your treating
    so for each chick use 2 tbsp of mixture and 1-1000 mg of Vit E and 1 Vit B complex
    to avoid feeding all the chicks the two vit's you could make one wet mash with vit's for the chicken that is having problems

make a small pen out of chicken wire that you can set down in the chicken house and put her in with her wet mash ans two vit's
    it will then just be her getting the vit's

and feed each chicken
    2 tbsp full of the wet mash probiotic and what they will clean up in 20-30 minutes
    then clean wet feeders and restock dry crumbles

do this twice a day for a week
    till the chickens is healed
    then quit the Vit E and Vit B complexmake just the wet mash probiotic
    then once a week for life

All the while after medicating the birds use ACV IN THE WATER
    do not use ACV with medication

2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar per gallon of the chicken water so their gut flora wil be regulated they should have this at least 3-5 days a week
    then three days aweek after they are over coccidiosis

the vit's are neccessary to clean up the damaged gut problem
    email me any questions so you are not confused

any questions email me

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: