6 week old Isa Browns are super-friendly.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Denninmi, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Denninmi

Denninmi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    The six Isa Brown pullets I bought from the feed store the 1st of June are now about 6 weeks old. They are a lot more friendly and tame at this point than the Rhode Island Reds I got 2 years ago. The RIR girls are my friends now, and let me pet them and pick them up, but it took more time with them, and at 6 weeks they were very leery of me. So, this is kind of nice. I went in the enclosure last night with them and 2 of them hopped up on my lap. They all take treats from me and come running now to see what I'll bring them, and I can basically pick them all up as long as I move slowly and gently in a non-threatening manner.

Pretty neat, IMO.

The 6 week old turkeys, however, still are very, very leery of me. They may take more work.

2. SkyWarrior

SkyWarrior Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Wilds of Montana
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. TcherDawn

TcherDawn Granite State Chook

Jan 30, 2009
    Prescott, AZ
    I got 17 week old started pullets that were Hyline (similar to ISA browns). I thought they would be spooked, but after the first couple days, they were super friendly. They follow us around the yard, and when we want them in, we just pick them up and put them in the run. Yay for friendly chickens!

4. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    Isn't it nice to have tame chickens. Lets see some pics!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by