1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

6-week-old Speckled Sussex Pullets

Discussion in 'Chicks 1 Day to 8 Weeks Old' started by Northern Appalachian, Apr 3, 2018.

1. I'm thinking of selling 2 of my brood, what would be a reasonable price idea? I know the breed is somewhat rare, and the cost of shipping 2 started pullets can be insane. I'll be taking them to a chicken swap. It's my first swap, so I have no idea what pricing is like, but assuming I don't swap them... they will need a price tag.

2. Angeline1978

Angeline1978 Songster

May 22, 2016
    Indiana
    I see a lot of Speckled Sussex now a days. For really nice looking hensthat meet standards, I would say $20.00 a piece would be a fair price.

Northern Appalachian likes this.
  3. SueT

SueT Free Ranging

May 27, 2015
    SW MO
    I'd ask at least $10 here in MO.

4. Frazzemrat1

Frazzemrat1 Free Ranging

May 8, 2017
    Eastern Connecticut
    depends on if they're breeder stock or hatchery stock. If breeder, I'd go with that larger number; if hatchery, I'd go lower.

SueT likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: