6 week old sultan pullet hanging out in her new tractor (pics!)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by kristenm1975, Apr 29, 2009.

1. kristenm1975

kristenm1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Hello!

I sell chicken tractors and always send home the folks who buy them from me with a couple chicks. These lucky folks got one of my two little sultans, plus two sweet little golden comets and were nice enough to send me some pictures of the chicks checking out their new home.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ~*Sweet Cheeks*~

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Medford, Oregon
    Very cute and they look very cozy up there.

Is there a window up top for light?

I'm just south of you in Olympia and thinking about ordering one for my 3 banties I got last week at Del's. 2 silkies and a black cochin.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

3. kristenm1975

Jul 23, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Hello Sweet Cheeks! Love to see pics of your banties. These are the first I've ever had and I've been so happy with their natures. Sweeties!

There is no window on the top part of the tractor to let in light, but the way that the sides are made, some light does get in from the sides. Check out the pic below.

So, do you mean that you're thinking of ordering the plan from Catawba or actually getting the pre-made chicken tractor? I'm just finishing up building two more and will be ready to start on another one in a couple weeks. I'd love to build you one. Could probably make it a bit smaller too, if you're only having a few banties in there. What do you think? Full size, the tractor is 8ft long by 4ft wide and 42" tall. I've been wanting to build one 6 feet long and see how that looks.
    [​IMG]

4. KristaChickenWhisperer

KristaChickenWhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2008
    Lake Stevens, WA
    Very cute!! I miss my Sultan so much! She was such a sweetie!!

5. kristenm1975

Jul 23, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    I got her randomly by having a friend grab whatever was available when she went to get hers so hadn't read up on them in advance. I just figured that the fancier ones would be more flighty and less likely to enjoy human contact, but I couldn't have been more wrong. She doesn't like being caught any more than my other pullets, but once I have her, she just sits there so quietly, even falling asleep on my palm. Soooo sweet!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by