1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

6 week olds & yogurt (pics)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by tygab, Jun 30, 2008.

1. tygab

tygab Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    MA/NH border
    Well, I got my chicks outside today and gave them yogurt. It was a big success for all. Here are some photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks & let me know when they are too old for the chicks section!

2. greenthumb89

greenthumb89 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2008
    pulaski wisconsin
    why type is the one in the fourth picture down. the red and white one? thanks

3. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    Those are some beautiful pics! My compliments to the photographer.

4. tygab

Mar 14, 2008
    MA/NH border
    Quote:That would be our new Roo arrival, a blue laced red wyandotte. We got him at a chickenstock meet just over the weekend!

The pullets are EEs and Black sex links (with quite a bit of that lovely red coming through their feathers).

5. DottieMarie

DottieMarie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    South East MI
    Your chickens are beautiful. Did you have any trouble introducing your roo to the flock?

6. tygab

Mar 14, 2008
    MA/NH border
    well, um, no. In hindsight, I might have thought about bio-security a bit more. [​IMG] But as it was I just put him in the brooder/pen after letting them look at each other for a while. The girls flapped around and ran away from him for a while but once he started doing chicken things (like scratching, drinking) they must have decided he was not so bad. He seems pretty well integrated, a few days later.

can't wait til they are able to be outside all day. DH set the post in concrete for the run door yesterday (the other posts are pounded) so it is progressing a little at a time...

7. basicliving

basicliving Keepin' the sunny side up

Mar 20, 2008
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    You take some really nice pictures. Very well done. And the chicks are gorgeous too! My chicks are 6 weeks old and I still think of them as babies - so I post about them on this forum too. I guess someone will let us know when they graduate out of Raising Baby Chicks [​IMG]

Penny

8. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    You little ones are growing up [​IMG] They are so beautiful! I am envious of those pretties....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by