1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

6 weeks old (Donald & Daisy) updated pictures!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by WVChickenFarmer, Jul 10, 2011.

1. WVChickenFarmer

WVChickenFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Union, WV
    I'm not sure if anyone remembers these two or not?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had a couple members wanting to keep up to date on pics of these two. So here they are now at 6 weeks old. I'm still not sure if anyone can tell what breed or breeds they are. I know Donald is probably going take a long time since he is feathering out so slow. But anyways here they are.

First is Daisy, I think she is a pullet, it still could be little to early to tell for sure.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Donald, I'm thinking might be a pullet also.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MinnerBuckwheat

MinnerBuckwheat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    West Michigan
    I think you are right, both look like pullets to me.

3. smokeykk

smokeykk Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Ok, Daisy looks like perhaps a hatchery stock SLW, and Donald looks like a partridge cochin! and they both look liike pullets

4. WVChickenFarmer

May 6, 2011
    Union, WV
    Thank you for your opinions. [​IMG] The last time I asked about these two, I was told Daisy did not look like a SLW but was a partridge rock. I figured they was both pullets since neither of them having any rooish features yet.

5. Breezy_Living

Breezy_Living Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2011
    Northern California
    I like that the lighter one looks like he/she is wearing eyeliner. It can be fashionable for males and females nowadays... [​IMG]

6. WVChickenFarmer

May 6, 2011
    Union, WV
    Quote:Thanks. [​IMG] The kids like Donald the best too. But it looks like she is going be a pullet and not a roo. lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by