6 weeks old *WARNING* may contain REAL poultry! *PICS*

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Ducklove334, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    do not look if allergic to: chicks,ducks,guinea,turkey,feathers,grass,water,or cute!

....oops ya looked, too bad, take a tylenol and look again!

anyways, the babies(growing up SO fast!!) got to go out in their temporary pen today, one because they're getting too big to be in the brooder room all day, and because frankly, they've been getting on my nerves cooped up all day! they've learned that they can now jump over the board that keeps them in the brooder room, and knock it over and flood into the feed room [​IMG]

so anyways heres the piccies

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (is this Anglewing, or just the feathers growing in??)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and ofcourse heres our homegrown baby, at 2 weeks old today!
    [​IMG]

ofcourse, not everyone came out today, the meat birds didn't even set fooot outside, lazy things. tomorrows another day [​IMG]

2. addicted2chicks

addicted2chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2009
    Michigan
    My eyes. Had to go rinse them out from the burning of cuteness. I love the way chickens cock their head to look at things.

3. LauraSBale

LauraSBale Chillin' With My Peeps

very sweet, and the little ducks, to cute

4. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    ALL of them are sooo cute!

5. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    we've had more success today, almost everyone (BESIDS THOSE DUMB MEAT BIRDS) have been out this morning.

6. lovetocook

lovetocook Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2009
    Washington, NJ
    They are so beautiful!! After looking at your pictures & how big they are already I sent my husband back outside to work faster on the coop. This is our first "brood" & we didn't realize they grew so big so fast!!! Ours are just two & a half weeks.

7. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    [​IMG]

8. AMSpsg18

AMSpsg18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    Somersworth NH
    Aww that would be a sweet name for that duck Angelwing almost like Darkwing duck. I love the coloring!

9. hippie

hippie Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2009
    N.E. missouri
    you must have got an early start on the guineas. mine haven't even started laying yet.

10. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    So cute! Looks like my place last spring. This spring I don't have any ducklings, keets, or baby turkeys yet. I do have about 40 baby chicks already though and ducklings due to hatch in about a week. I have a broody guinea that keeps trying to steal the eggs from my broody hen but I haven't found any guinea eggs yet so I don't know what exactly is up with that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by