6 Weeks Today ... Pics Included

Chook-A-Holic

Songster
10 Years
Oct 5, 2009
Central, N.C.
Well 21 of my 22 chicks made it to 6 weeks today(one flew into the wall and broke its neck last week). It's hard to believe how time has flown by. Just wanted to share!!!

From this...

42454_chicks_024.jpg

To this...

42454_6_wks_004.jpg

Marty

They are beautiful.

Where are they? Is that your coop or a brooder? (I'm getting ready for when my chickies are ready to be integrated, and trying to get ideas)

Quote:
Well, that is actually suppose to be the big girls coop that I've been remodeling. I have two brooders in the house, then overhead of the pic you see is my 4'x6'x2' ft outdoor brooder(8'ceiling in coop). My roosting poles are under the brooder to keep the drafts off of them from the overhead ventilation openings.They are growing so fast and with all the rain we've been getting, I just moved them down on the floor.

The big ones have been contained to their run for about a month with a tarp over it, so now I've got to decide whether to move them to the hoop house I'm starting next week or put the little ones in it. I'm leaning towards leaving the little ones where they are and just using this particular coop for a brooder building. It's been so wet here the past few days that I had to take some of the shavings out of the coop and put them in the run for the others. Gotta go to TSC and get some more. I know what I will be doing as soon as this rain quits(de-mucking a run).

Marty

Back
Top Bottom