6+ Wheaten/Barred Wheaten Shamo Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Illia, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Up for auction I am offering 6+ fertile hatching eggs from my Shamo pair. I have gotten excellent fertility from these birds at home, however there is little guarantee on how the fertility will result once you receive the eggs.

My Shamos are still young and have a lot of growing to do, so what you see is not what they will look like in the end. Shamos are an ancient breed that is slow growing, and reach full size and maturity at 2 years old. Naturally, a Shamo will reach over 27 inches tall and weigh more than 8 pounds. These Shamos are of a larger type, and will be taller and heavier. They will also create a 50/50 chance of Barred Wheaten or normal Wheaten colored offspring.

Shamos are a breed of Oriental Gamefowl, originally bred for fighting, but now are a rare breed that are excellent brooders, very good foragers, and extremely friendly towards people but do not fare well with other breeds of chickens. One must also never keep more than one rooster in the same area at once, as even a father and son will fight each other to the death. Shamos are a very quiet, calm breed, and are not flighty or shy. They do not make the loud "egg song" a hen would after or before she laid an egg, and their crow is very deep in pitch, making it less annoying and more like the muffled howl of a large dog. They also have a lot of natural instinct, are and even good vermin control.

We raise and breed our Shamos only for preservation purposes and for the love of such intelligent, unique bird. Currently we only have a pair, but will expand to have more pullets in the spring. These eggs will be our only hatching eggs offered until spring.

When the auction is over, the eggs will be shipped out to the winning bidder on Monday, January 24th. The winner will receive an estimate of 10 eggs or more. I will take payment via Paypal. Any questions, feel free to comment/ask. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  2. poularde

poularde Hatching mode

Feb 7, 2010
    Puyallup, Wa.
    [​IMG] Wow! They are just getting to be gorgeous! I wish I could have another pen. I so want these birds... [​IMG]

3. cedar post

cedar post Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2009
    Seymour,WI.
    Absolutely beautiful birds. [​IMG] It's way to cold here to take a chance [​IMG]

4. TinyBirds

TinyBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2009
    Texas
    I know I won't win - but couldn't resist a bid anyway! They're gorgeous!! (my daughter wants some of these TALL birds)

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:How cold does it get there, and how often? A lot of Shamo owners live in the midwestern region where it snows a lot. Here, the temps rarely go over 80 degrees in the summer, and we do get snow, frost, etc in the winter, as shown in the photographs.

6. Chicken_Lover4567

Chicken_Lover4567 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Central Texas
    If I had another pen.....
    But I have to say, these are beautiful dinosaurs- I mean chickens. [​IMG] They really are gorgeous.

7. Cat Water

Cat Water That Person

Jul 4, 2010
    Mid Coast Maine
    So TALL!

8. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

My two sons and I were just amazed at your pics of your Shamos. Wow!

(My oldest son was reciting data he remembered about Shamos from reading my breeds book.)

9. cedar post

cedar post Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2009
    Seymour,WI.
    Quote:How cold does it get there, and how often? A lot of Shamo owners live in the midwestern region where it snows a lot. Here, the temps rarely go over 80 degrees in the summer, and we do get snow, frost, etc in the winter, as shown in the photographs.

Well it's prety cold here tonight below zero. [​IMG] Tomorrow high of 12 to 15 above. [​IMG] My eggs in the coop are froze in a matter of hours. [​IMG]

10. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Illia.. you gotta stop tempting me! I can't start hatching this early!

But they are so nice!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by