6 Wheaten/Barred Wheaten Shamo hatching eggs

Illia

Crazy for Colors
10 Years
Oct 19, 2009
Forks, WA
Up for auction are 6 Wheaten and/or Barred Wheaten Shamo hatching eggs. These are the O-Shamo type, the largest size of Shamo. These eggs will hatch out a 50/50 chance of Wheaten or Barred Wheaten chicks. These birds will mature to a height of around 28 inches, possibly taller, and exceed 8 lbs in weight.

6199880546_f80e172e6a_z.jpg

5405007257_9524cdcb19_z.jpg

6213396880_ffe434c74a_z.jpg

6212886699_c0401e4128_z.jpg

5438479531_94c5f14275_z.jpg

6212873279_7725b95dd8_z.jpg

Shamos are an ancient breed of Oriental Gamefowl, originally meant for fighting but now mainly bred and raised today for the preservation and love of such a unique, statuesque, and intelligent breed. Despite their dinosaur-like appearance, cruel expression, and controversial history - they get along perfectly fine with a mixed flock of hens and are great with people; the breed is never known to be aggressive. Shamos are an APA recognized, heat hardy, frequently broody, good foraging, very intelligent breed that lays a moderate amount of creamy light brown eggs. The females are very quiet and make good mothers, too. The males, though aggressive to each other, are extremely good flock protectors, good gentlemen to the hens, and are excellent "pets" - Our main stag named 'Gojira' is a very talkative, very friendly rooster who will follow you anywhere and allow you to pick him up whenever you want.

Shamos are naturally a dominant breed, and males should not be kept together, however females do just fine in a mixed flock. My hen currently lives with a free-ranging/pastured flock of several other breeds of hens, and though she is the top hen, she gets along fine with the others.

These Shamos CAN be sexed by color before they are 2 months old.

The eggs you receive will come from only one hen, but she has been laying every day now and her fertility is excellent! These eggs will be shipped on Tuesday, October 11th. They will be well packed and insulated. Weather here is rainy with good cool temperature, so shipping on my end should be good this week. I accept payment vial PayPal, but if you do not have an account, I also accept Money Orders.

I do not know enough to make a judgement, but I really like those birds. I think the color/pattern fits them to. I especially like the second photograph. I came back to view the pictures twice.

pride&joy :

Hey Illia the birds are looking nice. How much is that bull stag weigh now a days?

I honestly don't know. I've weighed him a few months ago but all I have is a human scale, which is not trustworthy for things as little as poultry.
wink.png

Quote:
Yeah, the second photo is when the boy was younger and in good condition. The main/top photo is just recently when he's over a year old, filled out well, but seriously need a good molt to renew those feathers. His tail has been mostly gone for months now, and his golden barring has faded quite a bit.​

Quote:
I honestly don't know. I've weighed him a few months ago but all I have is a human scale, which is not trustworthy for things as little as poultry.
wink.png

Quote:
Yeah, the second photo is when the boy was younger and in good condition. The main/top photo is just recently when he's over a year old, filled out well, but seriously need a good molt to renew those feathers. His tail has been mostly gone for months now, and his golden barring has faded quite a bit.

He is still a good looking bird in that photograph.

Back
Top Bottom