6 wk old bantams not sure what breed.

TornadoAlly

In the Brooder
May 15, 2023
Hi! About 6 weeks ago I bought 13 bantams from Tractor Supply out of the straight run Bantam bin. I’ve been very lucky with what I have gotten so far. One being a white Sultan and and another being a Japanese Bantam among other really nice bantams. I have two I can not figure out. Both are clean legged. One is Colombian color pattern with completely black colored eyes and yellow legs.
The other is different shades of grey with grey legs. I’m attaching some pics of both of them I sent this morning. If anyone can help me identify which Bantam breed they are I’d appreciate it! :)

Attachments

• IMG_3048.jpeg
    IMG_3048.jpeg
    746.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3046.jpeg
    IMG_3046.jpeg
    698.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3040.jpeg
    IMG_3040.jpeg
    773.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3024.jpeg
    IMG_3024.jpeg
    543.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3029.jpeg
    IMG_3029.jpeg
    526.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3034.jpeg
    IMG_3034.jpeg
    548.6 KB · Views: 23
Great! Thanks so much!
I can really see the Old English Game bantam in the grey one now. He has the same head and neck shape as the BB Red Modern Game ( we call him “Legs” lol) bantam I got at the same time just without the super long legs.

I have one more question though on the white one that you all identified as a white Japanese bantam. At the same time I got her I got a chick that ended up being a buff with black tail Japanese bantam and it’s tail is up all the time since it started getting a tail as a chick and it’s legs are super short. The white one has normal length legs and holds its tail down and stands up right a lot of the time holding its head high. A lot different than the Buff Japanese bantam. Is that because the Buff is a Roo and the white could be a hen? I’ll show a couple more pics. I’m so new to chickens any advice can really help :)
First pic is the one with them both in it. I circled each of the Japanese. Sorry about the sultan and the Mille Fleur d'Uccle Bantam in the front and center they tend to always be in the center of pics they love the camera lol
And the second pic is a better pic of my buff Japanese alone. So is the white one then just a white Japanese bantam hen and that’s why she’s standing tall and holding her tail so different?

Attachments

• IMG_3059.jpeg
    IMG_3059.jpeg
    552.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3056.jpeg
    IMG_3056.jpeg
    196.2 KB · Views: 18
Great! Thanks so much!
I can really see the Old English Game bantam in the grey one now. He has the same head and neck shape as the BB Red Modern Game ( we call him “Legs” lol) bantam I got at the same time just without the super long legs.

I have one more question though on the white one that you all identified as a white Japanese bantam. At the same time I got her I got a chick that ended up being a buff with black tail Japanese bantam and it’s tail is up all the time since it started getting a tail as a chick and it’s legs are super short. The white one has normal length legs and holds its tail down and stands up right a lot of the time holding its head high. A lot different than the Buff Japanese bantam. Is that because the Buff is a Roo and the white could be a hen? I’ll show a couple more pics. I’m so new to chickens any advice can really help :)
First pic is the one with them both in it. I circled each of the Japanese. Sorry about the sultan and the Mille Fleur d'Uccle Bantam in the front and center they tend to always be in the center of pics they love the camera lol
And the second pic is a better pic of my buff Japanese alone. So is the white one then just a white Japanese bantam hen and that’s why she’s standing tall and holding her tail so different?
Good eye. Looking again at the photo, I realized it has a rose comb as well. So maybe a Colombian Wyandotte bantam? Those are very rare but I don't know what else it could be.

I think you’re right! I just googled the Colombian Wyandotte bantams at 6 weeks and younger and the pictures could be pictures of my chick! In a few weeks my 6 week old chick gets older I’ll post a new picture. But I’m almost certain now after looking at all the Google pics that you are right on the money with her being a Colombian Wyandotte Bantam.
Getting these “mystery” bantams from tractor supply has been so much fun! I might be addicted now lol

Back
Top Bottom