1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

60 quil eggs down the drain

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by badwhiskey, Mar 17, 2016.

1. badwhiskey

badwhiskey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2013
    60 James Marie eggs a no hatch after 22 days...I'm at a loss..half the eggs were clear and the other half were partially developed..this is not a James Marie farm bash party (he is a good man) I'm sure it was part shipping and part my fault...but in all my years of hatching quail...this was my first fully loaded flop...heck I even hatched blue scale quail in a still air once..now I have a Brisnea 20 advance[​IMG]

2. Jessimom

Jessimom Cats Rule Dogs Drool

Aug 21, 2009
    Southern California
    I'm so sorry. I know the frustration. I bought a replacement incubator to one we broke. It was an incuview. So far, 4 hatches that were put in to that bator - all duds. It's ok for the first 18 days, but no good at hatching.

I hope you figure out what went wrong.....

3. badwhiskey

Mar 29, 2013
    It's not my incubator...a lot of the eggs were clear...and there is no telling what ups did to them[​IMG]

4. Coop77

Coop77 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2016
    That's a shame, I hate to hear about 0% hatches.

5. badwhiskey

Mar 29, 2013
    Spent a good chunk of cash for those eggs too...just frustrated and never doing shipped eggs again..staying local

6. bigbuc

bigbuc Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2013
    llano county, Texas
    Doesn't James Marie Farms offer a 50/50 guarantee? If 50%don't hatch he'll replace them for 50%of the cost.

I'm still waiting on my first batch of eggs from him... Anyone have any idea how long the lead time is? I ordered about 6 weeks ago but asked him to not ship until 4 weeks ago due to a surgery.

7. badwhiskey

Mar 29, 2013
    I got mine the week I ordered them

8. bigbuc

bigbuc Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2013
    llano county, Texas
    Mine just arrived June 10. About 10 weeks, 3 phone calls, a dozen or so emails... Still happy they're here, I'll just order way in advance next time.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

9. badwhiskey

Mar 29, 2013
    Hopefully you have a great experience!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by