:(

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by thekid, Dec 20, 2011.

1. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

I was watching the news and police officers were taking young children (who had something bad happen to them) shopping since they had nothing and the one little boy asked just for flowers for his mommys grave. brought tears to my eyes, to show what Christmas is all about. Remembering loved ones, being together, The Lords Birthday A time to be happy. [​IMG]

2. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    [​IMG]

3. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    Aww, that's a very touching thing for them to do!
    Almost bought a tear to my eye, and I don't usually cry at things I read. [​IMG]

4. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

A different little girl wanted one thing, a jacket, a nice and warm one [​IMG]

5. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    most common thing for the kids at my school to ask for is their own bed...not bedroom...bed

my spoiled kid wants a new gun

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    It's called Shop with a Cop. My husband and the other officers in his department do it every year at Christmastime.

Course you never hear about the nice stuff, only the cop bashing. [​IMG]

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Yes, that does bring tears to your eyes.

8. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    Quote:[​IMG]

9. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

There are shelters in my area that companys will "adopt" and the people will give a list with their name and like 1-5 things that they really want for xmas. Me and my mom each adopted a women from the womens shelter this year. Every person on the list asked for pretty much the same things. Warm jacket, socks, even underware! They all have a kid to. Me and my mom each packed a box full of the clothing items plus a tin of cookies and a childs toy that they didnt even request.

I had never heard about the cop thing before. Its great what people do!

10. ShashwatAcres

ShashwatAcres Out Of The Brooder

Sep 26, 2011
    My kids were part of Shop with a Cop, my kids and I just moved to idaho after having to leave texas to get away from a bad situation, I know that I could never thank those police officers enough no matter what.They brought a smile to my kids faces that morning, It was well worth getting up at 5am to be there at 6 to watch the kids it was well over 100 cops that took part and they had the lights and sirens going and we have a video of the parade the kids were part of [​IMG] So a big thank you to those of you who are or are married to police officers

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by