63 eggs set !! OH NO !!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tigercreek, Jun 18, 2011.

1. tigercreek

tigercreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Am I crazy?? Just set 63 eggs and I have a ton of chickies running around now looking for a place to stay. Got a deal on 32 Silver Penciled Rocks from Wynette, (terrific packing by the way, been wanting these for a long time), to go with 25 show quality Australorp from BA Bulldogs, and 6 of my Barred Rocks from E.B. Thompson's old line. Looking forward to a better hatch than the last one. Anyone want to join and help each other out??? Going to try to keep humidity at 60 % and raise it up to 80% for lockdown. ......stan

[​IMG]

2. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    I'll join in. This is my first hatch. I have a home made bator. 10 so far since yesterday(eggs). Button quail. Set the first 3 6/7/11 then periodically they were laid since then lol.. Hatch day is growing VERY close for me.. I hope...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. tigercreek

tigercreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Glad to have a partner Jfulcher!!, Bad thing is I know nothing 'bout quail hatching!! How long do they take? I'm due to hatch on July9th. .....stan

4. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:Well I am happy to be here! ^_^
    Buttons take 14-16 days supposedly to hatch... This is my first.. First three are due 6/20-6/23... Then the other 7 will probably one right after the others... I am in a bit of a pickle tho, I think I am supposed to lockdown soon, lord knows what that entails, but I guess it means not opening the bator till they hatch... Which I CANNOT do... Since I must turn the others....

5. TerryQui

TerryQui Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Columbus Ohio
    I am in. Just set 10 silkie eggs yesterday. [​IMG] I am doing things different now too. I am following the dry hatch method.
    My humidity is about 46 though. I hope that is good.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by