65 years in prison....Yipee!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sir Birdaholic, Dec 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Last year, my bosses 93 year old mother got broken in, robbed, & beat up by 2 young brothers in Mississippi. They had their day in court, & one brother got off, but the other got 65 years. The judge was on his last day before retirement, & decided to go out with a BANG! We are thrilled with the sentencing. The word has been spread about the other brother getting off, & my boss is a multi-millionaire, so that in itself isn't looking very good for the "free" brother. Mrs. C is doing pretty well since the attack, & now you can see that she is a little more at ease . She is a very sweet woman!

2. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    The judge considers a lot of factors but has to follow sentencing guidelines. Most likely to get such a heavy sentence, this person had other convictions.

3. Sir Birdaholic

He origionally gave him 45 years, but when it's a young person assaulting the elderly, the judge can double the sentence. The judge told him that he gets to do the extra 20 years for his brother.

4. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, if the other brother really was innocent then perhaps without his bro's influence he'll become a decent member of society. And if he is a *insert reader's choice* then it won't be long until he's caught and this instance will be mentioned to help him end up sharing a cell.

5. Sir Birdaholic

The "free" brother was the driver & assistant in the robbery, but didn't hit Mrs. C. I don't know why the jury decided to totally find him not guilty. [​IMG]

6. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Glad she is doing better. I hope he does not get out early.

7. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    I can not comprehend someone beating up an old lady. [​IMG] My heart goes out to her. Have her son give her a big hug from all of us here on BYC. May she not live in fear because of this, too. Makes me so sad.

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Similar attack happened in NYC recently. 90 year old man carrying cash to pay off some bills was assaulted and robbed. When asked what he would do if he met these two thugs again, he simply smiled. Hopefully when they are caught they will receive similar punishments. Trust me there are more than enough problems inherent in the aging process. Thugs are not needed!

9. Sumatra503

Sumatra503 Kozy Orchard Farms

Sep 24, 2010
    Glad to hear they caught the guy. It seems like Justice is never served anymore.

10. Moxiechick

Moxiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2010
    Maine
    While I'm very happy that the brother who assaulted her has a good long sentence, I don't know why the other brother has received no time at all. (Unless it was part of a plea bargain against his brother, but even then, he should have to serve some time.) I think all people who commit severely violent crimes should have to serve extremely long sentences, if not life sentences. Society shouldn't have to tolerate such behavior!

It's good to hear that she is doing better and feels more at ease now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by