Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Sonia, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Sonia

Sonia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    SE Oklahoma

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  2. jakmallex

jakmallex Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2008
    NC
    Not really. The only thing that I did differently is let them stay in the brooder in the guest room for a few weeks longer than standard size chickens. They eat crumbles with no problem, the same as the standard size chicks.

3. Sonia

Apr 19, 2008
    SE Oklahoma

4. tnkinhunting

tnkinhunting Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2008
    East Tennessee
    The only consideration for me is "you can have more because they are smaller" [​IMG]

5. Sonia

Apr 19, 2008
    SE Oklahoma

6. Sparrow

Sparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    I just posted pics of my Bantam Sultans that I got yesterday! They are seriously adorable. My Black Japanese seemed to have a little trouble finding tiny pi eces of food to eat, they are by far the smallest guys in the group. So, I just make half of their food into mash and leave half dry in the same dish. They love it!

I'm also using a quail waterer for mine so they cannot fall in or get soaked. They don't have any problems using it, so I guess you can do that if you like!

Also, I'm a little moreconcerned about them getting chilled because they are so tiny. I made sure there are no drafts whatsoever nearby them, and I'm brooding them for now in a 10 gallon glass tank.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by