6week old Araucana roo late bloomer?

zazouse

Crowing
10 Years
Sep 7, 2009
Southeast texas
I have a batch of Araucana chicks that have feather out nicely, well all but this one, any ideas why?
He eats good ,his poo looks fine, and he is very active.

DSC04607.jpg

DSC04604.jpg

DSC04582.jpg

DSC04624.jpg

here's a random shot of some of my other chicks with all their feathers

DSC04546.jpg

Thanks for looking

I think that is common with baby roo's. Sometimes thats a early indicator that its a boy if other signs are not showing already. He has very nice colors
smile.png

Aww, very pretty. It is because he's a boy that he is feathering somewhat slower than the rest. I will also note that they are not Araucana, they are easter eggers. Araucana do not have muffs/beard and should not have tails. I love that pic around the pumpkin..so festive and adorable!

My Roo hatched 7/20/09 still has not Crowed. Yours is really pretty. No clue but I wouldn't mind one as pretty as that one! I will keep checking - please post more pics as he feathers in. Could he be GLW? He has that rose comb
Caroline
Jax FL

He's going to be gorgeous when he's done feathering out!!!
love.gif

I have one (female as far as I know) 6 wk. chick that is a little behind the others feathering out. I just assumed it's like kids, and some mature a little faster/slower than others....

Quote:
No, he is an Easter Egger. I scrolled back up to look and it was definitely a pea comb. He sure is cute.

Thank you all for the great replies,

I am sure he will catch up with his brother sooner or later, i caught his bro crowing this morning, youngest i have ever heard crow so far at 7weeks

this is his brother taken on 10-15-2009
DSC00035.jpg

Back
Top Bottom