6wk old "Ameracauna"/"EE" roo has bald spots?

foreverblessed

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 1, 2008
SE Tampa Bay Area
I have been waiting to be able to post my questions for almost 5 wk now, hubby erased and reinstalled my computer & NOW EVERYTHING works!
big_smile.png

OK my question- I purchased 5 chicks from a feed & supply store. I was told the chicks were Ameracauna's. Appears there is 1 roo and 3 pullets, one died during the night over a week ago. The pullets have all feathered out and look beautiful but the roo is gangly looking. Is this normal for roo's to feather out later? He has bare bald patches between his wings and chest area close to his legs. Looking at Americauna pictures he looks like he may be a silver ameracauna. I am not good at taking good pictures but I will add what I am able to figure out.
smile.png

Well it looks like they got deleted .... no wait.... woo whoo
yippiechickie.gif
found them! Now to get them on here!

Well I tried and tried but couldnt do it. I will try tomorrow to post the pictures. GN!

I don't have any roos, but I believe it is quite normal for them to feather in slower. They all have kind of a gangly, ugly stage. Mine all looked rather ugly at around the 5wk mark.

Thanks for the info.

The bare spots are starting to fill in. He is going to be a such a beautiful boy ... with attitude!

I try to handle him everytime I am in the coop with them and he seems to like it but once he is off on his own again he doesnt want anything to do with me. He will, however, fall asleep as I give him an all over massage of his feather. He has grown so much in just the last 4 days it is unreal. I am relieved that he is "normal". I thought so but wanted to check with threads.

Thanks a bunch!

I have a new coupe of NEW QUESTIONs I will take to a the General thread.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom