6wk old Easter Egger - Do I have a roo?

swainlori

Hatching
8 Years
May 20, 2011
We live in a city with laws against roos in the city limits and on the number of hens (only 3 allowed) so I have to get rid of this guy if he is indeed a roo. This is our first experience ever with chickens so I need some experienced eyes on this bird.

I have noticed lately that although this bird does not appear to be the largest of the three, this one is certainly the heftiest when I pick them up. Very solid. Starting to show a bright red comb whereas the other two don't have really anything yet. This one also has the thickest legs.

What do you think?

I just joined to day so I could ask this question and the system is not allowing me to post my images. Hopefully I can get some pics up soon.

Trying to post my pics:

92669_2011-05-20_120301.jpg

92669_2011-05-20_120228.jpg

92669_2011-05-20_120218.jpg

I find EEs to be somewhat confusing at this age, however, those are some thick old legs and that stance looks quite rooish. That would be my guess, but you should take it with a grain of salt for now...

Yes, this is a boy. A very pretty boy--love the lacing. Put him on CL and he will go quickly
smile.png

My daughter is going to be heartbroken that we can't keep him. And then another question: can we get just one chick to replace him or should I try to find an older pullet?

Back
Top Bottom