7 1/2 Week Chick Breeds

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BusyStFarmer, May 2, 2017.

1. BusyStFarmer

BusyStFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2016
    Massachusetts
    Long story short I ended up purchasing eggs from numerous sources and once they hatched I definitely lost track of the breeds. I have a few other posts of some of the chicks that are featured here but I figured I would just make one large one. Please help with the breeds!

Roo, has feathered feet and nubby tail
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Frizzle of some kind? I don't but she has yellow on her face.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

She is all black with feathered feet and a weird tuft on her head. Don't mind my little naked neck she is nosy.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Silkie? I am not sure if he is purebred but since birth he has been the scraggliest little thing I've ever seen. Had a struggle hatching but since has been keeping up with the standard sized chicks. Best friend is the frizzle. Is he purbred?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CascadiaRiver

CascadiaRiver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    The silkie might be scraggly because its a male (not seeing any male characteristics right away though) but most of the little silkie boys I've raised were defiantly more scraggly than the hens. your frizzle is for sure a frizzle, not sure on the breed of frizzle but its probably a bantam. Your silkie looks purebred enough but can never be too sure..

1 person likes this.
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    x2 just what I would say

4. BusyStFarmer

Jun 12, 2016
    Massachusetts
    Do you think my frizzle has the "characteristics" to be a cochin? She is definitely a bantam no doubt about that! I just feel bad for my poor silkie he is just such a peanut and just looks plain homely. I finally get a silkie and I get the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree silkie. [​IMG]

5. CascadiaRiver

CascadiaRiver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    Yeah, I'd probably call it a bantam frizzle cochin :)

6. BusyStFarmer

Jun 12, 2016
    Massachusetts
    Awesome. Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by