7.5 week old Ameraucanas

kurby22

Crossing the Road
Apr 12, 2021
Sacramento Area, California
I have a bad feeling that both of my Ameraucanas are young boys, and wondered if you could help confirm this or if they still seem too young? I've never had a pea comb bird and don't have a lot else to go on as far as traits that indicate boys. They do spar a bit with each other but none of the other chicks, and there are obvious boys they could spar with but they only seem to with each other--so it is confusing me! They are super sweet birds and I love their curious and busy personalities...I just also wanted to be able to keep them and get blue eggs! :(

Thanks!

Attachments

• Fluff_7-8weeks_8-26.jpg
    Fluff_7-8weeks_8-26.jpg
    552.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Puff_7-8weeks_8-26.jpg
    Puff_7-8weeks_8-26.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 13
I see no definite signs of cockerels. The second bird has a little pink to its comb, but otherwise they are not looking suspicious to me.
Oh I hope you're right! I think they're really great little birds and I don't want to have to rehome them! :) They are growing at the same rate and size too, so I am figuring they are probably the same...whatever they are although Fluff's beard feathers are coming in faster than Puff's :D

Agree. In my experience, the lighter colored birds tend to have pinker combs early, both males and females.
Pretty birds. 😊
Yay!! Thank you, they are super cute little chicks and so chatty! They are the most vocal other than the Brad Pack...which is my Welsummer pullet, Brad (husband named her!!) and 4 bantam cochins. They cheep cheep constantly haha.

Back
Top Bottom