7.5 X 6 is it big enough?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Namaste Mama, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Namaste Mama

Namaste Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2008
    AZ
    For 10 hens and a roo?

2. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    I am not sure of the dimensions needed but that is much bigger than my sister has for 10 hens in her coup. Mine is 4 x 4 roughly but I only have 4 chickens. Plus they have more space for their run.

Sounds ok to me.

Hope it works out.

Jena.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  3. Leah-yes I know I'm crazy

Leah-yes I know I'm crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Skidway Lake, MI
    If you keep the design efficient...give concideration to storrage...you should be o'kay. But you won't have room for expansion of your flock. One hen goes broody and you'll be building again.

4. Namaste Mama

Sep 18, 2008
    AZ
    [​IMG] thank you all. I can't legally have anymore than I have now. So I just need a good design. I'm using palates and crates, so I am hoping it comes out alright. I was doing adobe, but I just can't get enough dirt for it.[​IMG]

5. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    thats a bit over 4 sqf ber bird . big enough for coop for 11 birds

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    So Namaste... you are telling me you live in AZ and you can't get enough dirt???

Bet I could find some rocks for you.[​IMG]

7. Namaste Mama

Sep 18, 2008
    AZ
    LOl, well its kinda tricky. My husband dosen't want me digging up the yard and everything that is free you need a truck to come pick up, which I don't have. I had contemplated going and digging in the desert and filing up some 5 gallon bukets. LOL. In the end its just easier to build out of pallets, my flock needs a home, they are out growing their brooder! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by