7-8 wk Pekin walking on "toes"

cyriuskee

Chirping
Sep 10, 2016
Savannah, GA
Hi everyone!
I have a young pekin duckling, 7-8 weeks old, that is walking perfectly erect on "tippy toes" with both his legs completely straight. He eats, drinks and poops normally. I'm not sure how long it's been going on since he's in a group of about 20 that free range during the day and are in an appropriate sized pen at night. All of the ducks he is with are fine and healthy, I think I would have noticed this earlier if he has been doing this all along because it's very odd looking. I've never seen such a thing! They have the appropriate diet including niacin supplements 3-4 days per week and no other birds show any sign whatsoever of a diet/vitamin deficiency. What do you think...congenital or injury to both legs at same time or???

Hi everyone!
I have a young pekin duckling, 7-8 weeks old, that is walking perfectly erect on "tippy toes" with both his legs completely straight. He eats, drinks and poops normally. I'm not sure how long it's been going on since he's in a group of about 20 that free range during the day and are in an appropriate sized pen at night. All of the ducks he is with are fine and healthy, I think I would have noticed this earlier if he has been doing this all along because it's very odd looking. I've never seen such a thing! They have the appropriate diet including niacin supplements 3-4 days per week and no other birds show any sign whatsoever of a diet/vitamin deficiency. What do you think...congenital or injury to both legs at same time or???

the band on his leg looks rather tight, that could be part of the problem

Back
Top Bottom