7 babies so far !!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Myst4, May 4, 2008.

1. Myst4

Myst4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2008
    N.S., Canada
    Out of 12 eggs, 7 have hatched,there are still 4 that have pipped and 1 that is due to hatch tomorrow. Can the babies that have hatched already go without food and water until the last hatch? They seem pretty hunger right now...and I don't dare open the bator yet. I know that at least one of the pips will hatch soon(I see the lil' beak pecking at the shell a bit). The ones that are already hatched are pecking at each others feet and the floor of the bator. Will they be ok?

2. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    The chicks are okay for three days from the yolk in their abdomen. Good luck!

3. Myst4

Apr 1, 2008
    N.S., Canada
    Quote:Thank you so much, that eases my mind. They are so sweet...some are black with yellow and the others and yellow with black lol

4. SoccerMomof7

SoccerMomof7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    They sound adorable...you should post some pics when you get a chance.

5. Myst4

Apr 1, 2008
    N.S., Canada
    Quote:As soon as I can take some pics I will. They are adorable. I just love them(noisey lil' tykes though lol).I have misplaced the cord that connects my camera to my computer so that I can transfer the pics . I will have to look for it soon. I will be taking pics when they have all hatched. I can't wait to see what the others look like.

6. SoccerMomof7

SoccerMomof7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    I know what you mean I am constantly looking for my USB cord!

7. Myst4

Apr 1, 2008
    N.S., Canada
    Quote:[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by