7 Bantams of all different breeds, but what?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by TheMainException, Jul 8, 2010.

1. TheMainException

TheMainException Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Lebanon, PA
    I don't know their exact ages. I bought them together at an auction about a month and a half ago. They seemed to be 2-4 months then already, but they seem to have grown a good deal since then and have not laid any eggs yet, so I'm really not sure. They could be anywhere from 4-6 months old as far as I can tell. I'm guessing that King Pin is a roo, but he doesn't have spurs, which I thought all roos had. I'm wondering if Red is a roo as well. Any clue on any breeds? Are they all mixed or could some be specific breeds?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for any help!

2. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Red and King Pin are both roos for sure. Marble may be one, too, but I can't be sure. They look like mixed breeds. The black and blue ones look like they could be Sumatras or Sumatra mixes.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  3. TheMainException

TheMainException Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Lebanon, PA
    Well, Marble, King Pin, and Red are the three that seem to be most aggressive. King Pin has grabbed some of them by the neck more than once and made them scream. Most of the time though, the three of them just go head to head in staring contests and the occasional jump attack that leads to one of them walking off. I'm really just hoping Marble is a dominant female. I'll have to eat the roos if they cause too much noise or attack each other too much.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by