7 Biddies' Street

This is the New Members introduction thread. You can delete your post and start a new thread called "7 Biddies street." Ask the moderators for assistance.

Hi guys I'm relatively new.. I have seven chickens, we used to have eight. they are all about a year old .. my sweet New Hampshire "Patty" passed away two weeks ago, I think she had a heart attack because she was happy and healthy and so lovely .. Then in the morning she was just laying in the coop... that was tough
1f614.png
.. She was not egg bound and showed no signs of anything what so ever.. I sure miss her sweet face.. My buff Orphington who is also super sweet and lovey was visually depressed for a week without her best friend.
1f614.png
I just gave her extra love and hugs she seems to be doing much better. Actually all of them seem a little closer.. Even my Delaware who was always a bit of a
"b*+€#". Seems a little more connected.. I thoroughly enjoy this page and all the blogs and all the topics, it has been so helpful! Thank you to everyone and I look forward to maybe posting in the future.. Take care
1f609.png

Hi guys I'm relatively new.. I have seven chickens, we used to have eight. they are all about a year old .. my sweet New Hampshire "Patty" passed away two weeks ago, I think she had a heart attack because she was happy and healthy and so lovely .. Then in the morning she was just laying in the coop... that was tough
1f614.png
.. She was not egg bound and showed no signs of anything what so ever.. I sure miss her sweet face.. My buff Orphington who is also super sweet and lovey was visually depressed for a week without her best friend.
1f614.png
I just gave her extra love and hugs she seems to be doing much better. Actually all of them seem a little closer.. Even my Delaware who was always a bit of a
"b*+€#". Seems a little more connected.. I thoroughly enjoy this page and all the blogs and all the topics, it has been so helpful! Thank you to everyone and I look forward to maybe posting in the future.. Take care
1f609.png

Hey, W3,

Seems I started this thread in the wrong place, so I've asked the moderators to delete it, and help me start it in a more appropriate place. I'll let you know where. In the meantime, welcome to BYC. Sorry to hear about Patty's demise. It's tough when that happens, especially to your favorite. Maybe she was sick with a chicken ailment. I lost one mysteriously like that and had the vet autopsy her. Turns out she had a wood shaving from the bedding stuck in her crop, and she starved to death. The food couldn't move out of her crop to her stomach. The vet doesn't normally do autopsies on chickens, so she didn't even charge me.

Everyone thought I was nuts for having an autopsy, but I wanted to be sure she wouldn't pass something on to the others. I guess stupidity and gluttony aren't easily contracted.

Thank you so much and yes I checked her out thoroughly she still was pretty heavy and nothing was in her mouth or nostrils she looked like Her sweet self and the coop floor was not disturbed like she had fluttered around or anything . Her feathers were not disturbed... I felt so bad, I wish I had spent more time holding her that day before. I was just really busy
1f614.png
She had the prettiest eyes.. I miss her.. Thanks again for your reply, take care

Back
Top Bottom