+7 Cream Legbar Hatching Eggs! Auction ends 10/17 9:30pm PCT

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by FarmerBoy24, Oct 13, 2012.

1. FarmerBoy24

FarmerBoy24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Moreno Valley Ca
    I have up for auction +7 Cream Legbar hatching eggs. (it's going to be more like 8-10 eggs) This is an AUCTION type listing bids will be placed in the comment box. BID STARTS AT $30! I have 3 hens and 1 roo currently. I have NOT hatched any out yet. I do have 10 eggs in the incubator, all but 1 are growing because it was one of my hens first eggs (when pullets first lay eggs they tend to be small but within time they grow!)They have been laying for a few weeks now, and I have an incubator loaded with them due to hatch next week! (will try to post chick pics!) I cannot guarentee fertility because I have not hatched any out yet.

The cream legbar chicken is a wonderful breed to have on the farm,homestead or urban farm. The Cream legbar breed originated in the U.K! thus, there are very few breeders in the U.S. who breed these birds. Cream legbars are prolific egg layers laying large Sky Blue eggs!! In addition to there beautiful appearance, when hatched you can identify females from the males!! Females are more of a darker "chickmunky" color while the males are lighter with a spot on there head! With this breed there shouldn't be any "unexpected crowing" at 5 AM! For more info on the breed visit the Green fire farms web page. (they origanly shipped the breed from the U.K to the U.S) http://greenfirefarms.com/store/category/chickens/cream-legbar/

Shipping is 12.00 priority flat rate box. I bubble rap each egg individually the sides, and the ends, and place shredded newspaper in the box along with A LOT of plastic bags on the bottom of the, the top, and the sides of the box. I WILL ALWAYS INCLUDE EXTRA EGGS!! However when the eggs leave my hands I have no control on how they are handled. I do write "Fragile" "Handle w/ Care" "Perishable" On the box. I can include any thing else to your desire.

Payment: payment will be paid through paypal within 48hrs of ending. (unless a reasonable excuse)

Paypal: [email protected] (farmboy241)

Ends October 17TH 9:30 pm pacific time

Good Luck!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Would it be possible for you to crack a few eggs open and verify visual fertility? and thanks so much.[​IMG]

3. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    have you candled the eggs in your incubator? Are they developing? Thanks

4. FarmerBoy24

Nov 27, 2010
    Moreno Valley Ca
    1muttsfan and bargain: I candled the eggs I have in the incubator.. I totally forgot about doing that, I'v just been too busy. Anyways out of the 10 eggs I have in the incubator all but 1 are growing!! The one that isn't growing is one of my hens first egg, (since chickens first eggs are small)!! Thanks for the idea!

5. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Thanks for checking and great that your eggs are fertile! I did not check the closing date closely enough, and unfortunately would need eggs shipped monday or tuesday at the latest. Thanks anyway and good luck - Mary

6. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    So happy your eggs are developing well. I have some of our eggs in the incubator for the first time. Hubby made me wait so long, And I am awaiting to see how eggs progress.!!! And I missed the bit about them being in the incubator. I apologize, I musta sounded like a "bird brain"..... I didn't mean to have you crack open an incubating egg!!!!! Looking forward to pics and thanks again for the info. I will keep you on my contact list for contacting in a few weeks! Thank you for all the information!

7. hopeandafuture

hopeandafuture Out Of The Brooder

$30.00 :)

8. Phage

Phage Mad Scientist Premium Member

Aug 1, 2009
    San Diego, CA
  9. mommachickie12

mommachickie12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2012
    hi, im interested in the eggs but I didnt see where after auction ends,they will be shipped? just wanted to make sure cause they are only really good within 10 days of being laid and the sooner ,fresher , the better. if you have 3 hens laying and an incubator full due to hatch, I just wanted to make sure how fresh the eggs will be as it can take 3-4 days with shipping. I buy alot of eggs and Iearned the hard way, so I check each egg for freshness with testing etc when it comes in. ty

10. FarmerBoy24

Nov 27, 2010
    Moreno Valley Ca
    I agree. Freshness is key. I tend to get 1 or 2 eggs a day. Mostly two. I time the auctions right so at the end I should have more or enough eggs for the auction winner. the oldest egg (s) I have are I believe 5 days old a some of them are now a couple days old. (I didn't save all the eggs from between setting the last incubator) Also when the auction ends and I have more eggs, I still send you extra but I replace the older eggs with the fresher eggs (I give them to the cats or dogs) Unless it takes 5 or 6 days to get to your home, the eggs should be fine. Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by