7 Day Old Duck Beaks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by eggybritches, Oct 23, 2009.

1. eggybritches

eggybritches Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    are the perfect size to fit up your nose.

Just in case anyone was wondering, lol.

I have my ducklings in a brooder next to my computer, and every once in a while they will stand on their tippy toes and look at me over the edge of the box. When they do this I will pick them up and lean back in my chair and they will nestle under my neck for a few minutes (or until I start to get concerned about being pooped on). Today I was holding my little Augie and he was preening himself, and I stopped paying attention to him for one second and the beak went right up my nose.

2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    [​IMG]

3. LoreenH

LoreenH Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    Oregon
    Who needs a nose hair trimmer when you can have ducklings do it for you. [​IMG]

4. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

keep a towel nearby to catch those frequently escaping poops. then you can enjoy them for much longer! [​IMG]

when i had just the gosling and duckling i used an old blanket that i would climb under so they could waddle all over without me worrying. little miss molly (duckling) loved getting her head as far into my armpit as she could, whereas little miss ranaya (gosling) had to have her head nestled into my hair. not since i had been nursing had something felt so sweet. [​IMG]

I had no idea they were such good nosepickers though! I'll have to remember that. [​IMG]

5. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    They are also perfect size to try and give you a new earring.

Besides the nose pickers ive had a duckling lock onto my earlobe!
    Its the newest fashion! [​IMG]

6. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator~~~ BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I just spit my cherry juice. [​IMG]

7. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

My DD's baby pekin LOVED to snuggle in her armpit or just under her ear, and always tried to eat her hair. DD LOVED it too. Now Princess is a BIG, pooping duck, who doesn't want to snuggle, but Will come eat out of your hand...

8. neferset

neferset Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    My little ones decided they very much like my sweater and especially the bend of my elbow for snuggling.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by