7 Egg Mini Incubator

Kittle74

In the Brooder
Oct 6, 2016

I have a small 7 Egg Mini Incubator and have to hand turn the eggs.my question is on how to turn them.the eggs set upright in the incubator(not on there sides)do I flip them top to bottom or just tilt them from side to side a bit?

I agree on keeping your eggs with the fat end of the egg up. I'm afraid these incubators do not leave much room for turning. If they can't be tilted enough you may need prop your incubator up at one side for example with a book. Then when it comes to turning them again put the book at the other side of the incubator. I'm not sure how the water wells work for this incubator so please be aware of any water spillage if you do go with the proping up of the incubator.

As for your temp, I can't say that you will have to adjust it but I would highly recommend that you get a known to be correct thermometer and place it in your incubator to see if it is running at the correct temperature. I have read that these incubators can give the wrong readings even if you have it set to the correct temp for incubation. Does it have a fan or is it still air?

yes it has a fan and also I'm able to move them from side to side with np :) thanks for the help and info.

I had one of those but it didn't work for any of the 4 hatches I tried with it. It just doesn't keep the humidity at a stable level. You can adjust the temp but also have to be careful not to put too much water in as it'll spill into the motor. It only held 3 regular eggs as any more and they pressed up against the sides and got all soggy.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 16

Back
Top Bottom