7+ Large fowl Ameraucana mystery grab bag!! Lavender? Black? Blue?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Cloverleaf Farm, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    I'm switching up roos right now, so I don't know who these eggs will be fertilized by. The new blue roo has been in this pen for 5 days.

You could have pure lavenders and black/lavender splits, OR you could have black, blue, and blue/lav splits. There are 7 eggs right now, I will run this auction for 48 hours and ship on Saturday, and will include everything the girls give me between now and then.

The lavender roo:
    [​IMG]

The blue roo:
    [​IMG]

All the girls are black or lavender. Some came from Wayne Meredith, some from Pips&Peeps, some from a John Blehm / Harry Schaffer flock.

I will package the eggs how I like to receive them, and do my best to get them to you intact and hatchable. I do NOT wash my eggs. I do not guarantee hatch rates, etc, due to the USPS's handling methods and your incubation methods. I DO have 100% fertility here at home.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  2. ItsAZOO32

ItsAZOO32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    Titusville, Fl.
    Hi there!! So are both roo's in the pen now or just the Blue? If so, when was the Lav taken out?

Thank you for the clarification [​IMG]

3. Cloverleaf Farm

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Just the blue is in there now. The lavender was taken out just over a week ago. The blue has been in there 5 days.

There are 9 eggs now. [​IMG]

4. ItsAZOO32

Mar 6, 2011
    Titusville, Fl.
    Quote:Ok.. Thanks [​IMG] so... It's still possible to get pure LAV chicks? I'm new to chickens but I'm guessing they can retain sperm for a while? [​IMG]

5. Cloverleaf Farm

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:Ok.. Thanks [​IMG] so... It's still possible to get pure LAV chicks? I'm new to chickens but I'm guessing they can retain sperm for a while? [​IMG]

Yes it's possible, they can retain sperm for about two weeks, but since the blue roo is already in there, I'm not guaranteeing anything. That's why I'm offering these up for auction. Once I KNOW it's the blue roo that's fertilizing the eggs, I'll be hatching for myself, but didn't want these eggs to just go to waste. [​IMG]

6. ItsAZOO32

Mar 6, 2011
    Titusville, Fl.

Yes it's possible, they can retain sperm for about two weeks, but since the blue roo is already in there, I'm not guaranteeing anything. That's why I'm offering these up for auction. Once I KNOW it's the blue roo that's fertilizing the eggs, I'll be hatching for myself, but didn't want these eggs to just go to waste. [​IMG]

How cool!! I had no idea [​IMG] thanks for the clarification. You learn something every day!

7. Azriel

Azriel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Montana
    Would you post a photo of your eggs?

8. Cloverleaf Farm

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    [​IMG]

That's the only pic I have. My cell doesn't take good pics and it was outside so kind of washed out. [​IMG] I'll see if I can get a better pic tomorrow.

9. Cloverleaf Farm

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    There are 12 eggs now. [​IMG] Will post more egg pics later this afternoon.

10. Cloverleaf Farm

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    These 2 pics are the same 3 eggs. The first pic is in the shade, 2nd pic is in direct sunlight. Egg color is more intense in person.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by