7 month old Comet not laying ?

RAI4

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 30, 2013
Hi,

My 7 month old Comet has not laid yet. She is not molting from what I can tell. Her comb and waddle are more pronounced the past 2 weeks. Its starting to get cold in NJ. Any chance she will lay this fall?

Thanks,

She is on the late side for a Comet to start up, but Comets are a commercial egg layer mix, so they usually are pretty good about laying. I would guess she will lay this fall yet, hopefully pretty soon if her comb and wattles are starting to develop. The shortening daylight hours does slow birds down in the fall.

HI,

My Comet is still not laying, just over 8 months now. My other hen has been showing signs of Mareks for about 1.5 months and I'm wondering if this can be a reason why my healthy hen has not laid. I'm planning on getting two more soon. Just curious what you guys think.

Thanks,

HI,

My Comet is still not laying, just over 8 months now. My other hen has been showing signs of Mareks for about 1.5 months and I'm wondering if this can be a reason why my healthy hen has not laid. I'm planning on getting two more soon. Just curious what you guys think.

Thanks,
Do you have a picture of her?

Here is a pic. To me, her comb does not look large enough for laying.

Thanks

I agree, her comb doesn't look like she's ready to lay. I have no experience with Mareks, so can't help you with that. I do know the days will start getting longer starting end of this month, so hopefully that will kickstart her!

Back
Top Bottom