7 month old Roo - Breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by happyhensny, Feb 24, 2009.

1. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

He was a give-a-way from our local fair as a day-old in August. Just wondering if anyone may know his breed? PS - He has slate legs. Thanks for your help!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  2. soonerdog

soonerdog Chillin' With My Peeps

I see a hint of a beard on him. I do believe he is an Easter Egger rooster. He actually has yellowish/greenish type legs which is typical of Easter Eggers. He does not have slate legs. Slate legs are actually blue-grey colored legs. See the little blue leg on my avatar rooster, his legs are blue/slate in color. See the difference?
    Your rooster is a nice big boy! [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  3. happyhensny

Easter Egger is what I was hoping for (if not Americauna) I have one hen that lays a beautiful sky blue egg and two other girls that lay green. Hmm... anyone think BABY CHICKS!![​IMG]

4. soonerdog

soonerdog Chillin' With My Peeps

WOW....wish I had one that laid tripple yolkers! [​IMG] We all do... [​IMG]

5. happyhensny

That was from our Comet/Red Star. Our 1st egg from our 1st hen EVER. I was worried that she was a mutant - never heard of 3 yolks before! [​IMG]

6. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Oooh, 3 yoker! Now that is a find!!! Has she laid any more?

7. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    Ya i go with EE

8. happyhensny

No, unfortunately no more triples. I am hoping to get a couple ( or More) pullets this weekend for my daughters 6th birthday. Now, she is a chicken NUT! Hugs them, feeds them out of her hands, scoops poop, absolutely loves all of it. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by