7 week old crevecoeur with crooked beak

Neeci84

Chirping
Oct 8, 2020
My little crevecoeur pullet has a crooked beak that doesn't completely close. Sometimes when she's sitting on me I hear her wheezing. She seems totally healthy but I'm worried this might affect her life. Should I be worried?

So I tried to get pics but it was almost impossible. They're probably too blurry to tell 😔
20201010_082048.jpg
20201010_082053.jpg

Thank u for this, but she definitely doesn't have a cross beak. Her whole beak just goes to one side like a crooked nose. She has no issues eating or preening. She seems perfectly healthy but she's definitely at the bottom of the pecking order and she wheezes when she's worked up. It just breaks my heart. I know she's the low man on the pole because of it. I dont want her to have health issues down the road but guess we'll just wait and see!

Looks like a mild crossbeak (it doesn't have to fully cross, any misalignment counts). It's good that she can eat and preen without issue. She may need some maintenance in the future, to keep beak growth in check and keep it as aligned as possible, so do keep an eye on the beak.

Her breathing issues might be because of unseen related deformities in the skull. Probably can't do anything to "fix" it so best to just try and minimize any stress as you can, so her breathing stays even.

Looks like a mild crossbeak (it doesn't have to fully cross, any misalignment counts). It's good that she can eat and preen without issue. She may need some maintenance in the future, to keep beak growth in check and keep it as aligned as possible, so do keep an eye on the beak.

Her breathing issues might be because of unseen related deformities in the skull. Probably can't do anything to "fix" it so best to just try and minimize any stress as you can, so her breathing stays even.
Thank u!

Back
Top Bottom