7 week old easter egger drooling cloudy white thick liquids that looks like snot

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by undine, Aug 29, 2013.

1. undine

undine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Its been really hot this past week, ntohing to do but give chickies some shade and ice water. I went out a few minuets ago and i picked up my whtie easter egger and i notcied somethnig coming out of her mouth, i thuogtht it was snot at first, but it came from her mouth. I put her back down, and a few minutes later she did it again. Wahts wrong with her??

2. undine

Jun 3, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Anyone? =\

3. MelissaTXRn

MelissaTXRn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2013
    Have you felt of her crop?

4. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I know mine drink too much water, and sometimes they put their head down and sortof puke it. I hope that's what it is.

5. undine

Jun 3, 2013
    Los Angeles
    I felt it, it was full of whatever she had eaten that day. What should i be checking for?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  6. undine

Jun 3, 2013
    Los Angeles
    I woke up this morning to check up on them...first thnig when i saw was her "drooling\barfing" that same liquid from yestruday. I was carrying something, and after she did her stuff THE OTHER CHICKENS PECKED AT IT, and was literally going crazy trying to eat her throw up. Then i freaked out, dropped everything and pushed them aside away from whatever my chicken threw up. Im really starting to think she is sick. The liquid is clear, and thick but, its cloudy.

-yesturday afternoon i did see a poo that had a strand of something that was orange-red and i dont know if it was hers. I dont know if this means anything because the stool was all covered in blood.

7. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    That's what mine do , the one drools/barfs something on the ground and the rest run over and slurp it up. In the morning, mine make a bee line to the water. Did yours get a drink before this happened this morning?

About the red in the stool. Sometimes they pass intestinal lining that looks bloody . It' not as bright as blood tho. A picture would help. I would worry about Coccidiosis if she acts sick. Is her crop empty in the morning?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by