7 Week Old EE's and Silkie...Genders? **Pics**

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LuluGA, Apr 14, 2012.

1. LuluGA

LuluGA New Egg

We have 4 EE's and a Silkie that weren't sexed when we bought them, and like everyone else I'm antsy about their genders. I'm hoping some of y'all have good eyes and can help me out, despite my lack of good camera angles :)

I have read that the genders of EE's and especially Silkies are hard to definitively identify early on, just want to see if my predictions match up with yours!

(There are also 2 production reds in a couple of the pics but they were sexed when we bought them)

Mystery EE #1, Gray/Blue with Brown
    [​IMG]

Mystery EE #2 -- Black and White
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mystery EE #1, along with the larger black Mystery EE #3 (and Lucy, one of the reds)
    [​IMG]

Mystery EE #s 1, 2, 3 and the one sad shot of #4, black and white with brown/red on the wings
    [​IMG]

And the Mystery Silkie
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TheRookie

TheRookie Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm not very experienced but in my opinion, #1,2 are pullets. And #3 is possibly a roo. (But like I said, I'm not very experienced so don't take my word for it). And the Silkie is still too young to tell, sorry, I know how hard it is to wait.

Oh I forgot to say that they are all beautiful, congrats on your babies:)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  3. Panth

Panth Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    1 and 2 look like pullets, 3 and 4 are cockerals, silkies are very hard to sex until later, but it looks like a beautiful blue or splash.

4. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    the black one and the one to the far right in this pic are the only cockerels i see

[​IMG]

5. LuluGA

LuluGA New Egg

Thanks guys, I appreciate your feedback! I figured I'd have to keep waiting on the Silkie, but now the others can get some official names :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by