7 week old LF Buff Brahma...Male or Female

Mrsfoote

Songster
9 Years
Jul 19, 2010
Laurel Montana
Got this chick at a chicken swap in october... the chicks came from Carole of Fowl Visions the chick will be 8 weeks old this coming weekend any ideas on what it is..I know brahmas take forever to feather out.

001-5.jpg

002-5.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-4.jpg

005-4.jpg

006-4.jpg

007-2.jpg

011-3.jpg

009-3.jpg

I hope you wanted a rooster.
hide.gif
On the plus side, buff brahma roos are one of the prettiest roos there are, IMO.

That's what I was worried about I would LOVE a rooster however...city says no no....and I LOVE brahmas had to rehome my first brahma roo this past summer oh well...its life on the plus side i have 3 bantam dark brahma eggs in the incubator hatched 2 already from a previous batch and have some Dark Brahmas from Fowlvisions coming in the mail...

Quote:
Don't rush to re-home him though. Give it about another two weeks. You should see that comb pink-ing up by then. Right now, his feathering or lack thereof, screams roo to me.
ETA: The legs too. He's got mighty thick legs for his age.

Last edited:
Yea I will wait a bit until I rehome it...if it is a boy hopefully someone will want him he is so pretty...screams and looks like a vulture right now though so did my other brahma.

Lol thank you Tim and everyone else I'll post more pics when its looking much less vultureish ....so i went and looked at its legs and its legs are alot slimmer then my barred rock hen who is the same age as the brahma barred rock is HUGE compared to brahma too

Back
Top Bottom