7 week old pics of my BO x BLRW cross update

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by scgamecock, May 9, 2008.

1. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    I promised I would keep everyone up to date on how these two are developing so here they are at 7 weeks old.They get more and more colorful everyday.I can't help but be excited over how well they are progressing.They are huge chicks and especially huge feet and are the most docile and loving birds you could want.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

They are very pretty birds, Marlon! Crosses are so interesting, aren't they? You just dont know exactly how they'll develop. This is one of the coolest ones I've seen.

3. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Thanks Cyn!

4. mangled

mangled Chillin' With My Peeps

Beautiful colors!

I have a couple chicks that are BO crossed with SLW, and I can only hope they'll turn out that pretty!!

Thanks for sharing-
    Em

5. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Honestly the picture's don't do them justice.Although not completely uniform the detail in the hackle and saddle area is unreal.

6. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    It is still hard to beleive that you got a crele bird from a solid and a laced, it is crazy. I love the cockerel, he is gorgeos, I might have to try to make some for myself, lol.

7. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    Beautiful birds! Love the gray one!

8. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow! Those are gorgeous birds!

9. Tutter

Tutter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    N. California
    Stunning! [​IMG]

10. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Quote:Well again I just wanted to hatch some random eggs out of the layer pen to see what I would get so I'm not 100% sure of the cross but I know what's in there.First off with the rose comb one has to be a wyandotte and the choices are BLRW,Columbian,SLW, and White.The roo's are Partridge Rock,Buff Orp,SLW,and Production Red which looks just like a RIR.So all you genetic experts tell me what your guess would be as to the cross?My guess is BOxBLRW to keep the buff color.I don't think the SLW would be it since the silver is dominate correct?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by