7 Week Old Roo? What am I?

Someone.Summer

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 4, 2011
Alrighty, so I have a 7 week old black bantam rooster [?]. I'm pretty much 100% sure he's a rooster. But I just want to know if anyone wants to give me a guess as to what breed he is? He's the sweetest little boy <3
Anyway, here are a few pictures:

035-3.jpg

036-4.jpg

038-5.jpg

041-2.jpg

^Yes. He is standing on the family cat... xD

Thanks guys! We definitely love the little guy. I'm thinking you guys are probably right, he does look like a little dutch!

Thanks for the info :]
Just out of sheer curiosity, what should his comb look like to be show quality?

Someone.Summer :

Thanks for the info :]
Just out of sheer curiosity, what should his comb look like to be show quality?

A good single comb should have 5 points, no thumbprints or side sprigs, red, straight, large.
I have a pair of dutch, and the roo didn't do as well as he could have because he doesnt have enough comb points and he has a thumbprint
sad.png

If you bred him with a hen who had a very good comb, the offspring should have better combs...​

Quote:
A good single comb should have 5 points, no thumbprints or side sprigs, red, straight, large.
I have a pair of dutch, and the roo didn't do as well as he could have because he doesnt have enough comb points and he has a thumbprint
sad.png

If you bred him with a hen who had a very good comb, the offspring should have better combs...

Hmm. That's very interesting. Would you say that he has seven points?
I'll look into finding a hen with a nice correct comb, I'd like to see how it improves in the next generation.

Someone.Summer :

Quote:
sad.png

If you bred him with a hen who had a very good comb, the offspring should have better combs...

Hmm. That's very interesting. Would you say that he has seven points?
I'll look into finding a hen with a nice correct comb, I'd like to see how it improves in the next generation.​

He has seven points, with a very large one at the back. That would be a point detracted from his score, should you choose to show him.
That would be interesting. Plus youll have an excuse to hatch chicks
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom