7 week old silkies - GUESS the sex?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Apomerantz, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Apomerantz

Apomerantz Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2010
    Washington
    Ok. I realize this is still pretty early, but can anyone give me guesses on which are pullets and which are roos? I will put them by #s, but for my own benifit looking back I have to add names as well! They have started chest bumping chasing each other, but that doesn't indicate sex does it?

#1: Silky Scissorbeak - my crooked beak chick, REALLY hoping it's a pullet. She is slightly smaller then the others and more mellow and timid. Also, her crest isn't as spikey. But the little purple-ish bump above her beak (not sure what it is called, NOT a comb) is bigger and more purple then the others.
    [​IMG]

#2: Charlie - also a bit smaller then the others, but has always been a bit smaller.
    [​IMG]

#3: Lafawnda - a big chunker! She is really mellow and sweet!
    [​IMG]

#4: Chocolate - Biggest chick with a crazy crest! (Chick on Right)
    [​IMG]

Thanks!
    Amy

2. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Come back in a couple of months and we may be able to give you some reasonable guesses. But even then they will still be guesses, not likely to be confirmation.

3. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Quote:That IS a comb. It is a walnut comb, which is a characteristic of silkies and several other breeds.

4. Apomerantz

Apomerantz Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2010
    Washington
    Ohhhh! It is a comb?! Can you tell that I don't know much about chickens? This is my first time owning them, so far I have 12 silkies!
    Amy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by