1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

7 Week olds 1st crows with video UPDATED VIDEO 14 WEEKS

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by REINABUGY, Dec 17, 2009.

1. REINABUGY

REINABUGY Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2009
    Upstate New York

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  2. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    Awe [​IMG] They are so cute when they 1st start.

3. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Yeah, but the girls are all like "Whoa! I'm outta here if he's gonna start yellin'!" [​IMG]

4. REINABUGY

Jun 15, 2009
    Upstate New York
    Yeah the little girls are not very fond of it. When he was doing it today they were jumping on him.

5. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

[​IMG] Yeah it's like survival of the fittest, they probably thought he was dieing or choking to death so they were beating him up......

6. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    LOL .. too funny. I brought a new girl home yesterday and my Ameraucana roo started trying to crow for the first time (that I know of) .. he's 3 months old! Not a peep from my SFs ..

7. chickens argreat

chickens argreat Out Of The Brooder

Jan 31, 2010
    What type of roo is it

8. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:Looks like a blue Ameraucana to me - Am I right?

So funny though! I remember when my EE first started crowing, it wasn't even like that - He basically just howled a single note while flapping his wings, almost as if he was forcing it out and had to keep balance. [​IMG]

9. REINABUGY

Jun 15, 2009
    Upstate New York
    he has some blue but now he is getting some rusty red on him as well. We ordered 50 females and 3 boys, ended up with 47 girls and 6 boys. 3 boys are crowing and 3 have yet to crow. He is a EE though. He has gotten alot better and now that he has 2 friends to join him. It will be a noisey summer, but a entertaining one.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  10. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Any chance of getting an updated video of him crowing? Sure would be fun to be able to compare then and now side by side. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by