7 week Wyandottes pullet or cockerel?

JeepersCreepers

In the Brooder
7 Years
Dec 11, 2012
Greenville, SC
I am new to raising chickens and have been looking at info to figure out the sex of 2 of my wyandottes. Can anyone help me out here? I think they are both roos but would love some confirmation or correction. Thanks!

Here is #1:

Here is a shot of the other:

And here they are together:

Last edited:
The second one (with white on his wings) is absolutely a roo. I'm not convinced on the dark one though, wyandottes are notorious for early comb development.

I have a golden lace with no comb or wattle but wasn't too sure on these two since the lighter one just recently started the wattle and comb growth. The darker one I have been unsure of since I got it since it was a "runt" and started smaller and but developed at the same rate as my golden pullet.

So, do you think the the first is a cockerel? or is it the wrong breed?
The first one is the wrong breed or is a mix. It doent look like anything I can identify so maybe a mix. The 2nd looks like the right body style. I do not have any cockerels that are wyandotte but also know that the cockerels have solid patches of color on the mid area while their true colors are coming in, just like the one in your 2nd pic. The comb is correct. It does appear to be cockerel and I would say both are actually. Do you happen to have any other pics of them?

Back
Top Bottom