1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

7 weeks. My chickens that I have identified.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Donner, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Donner

Donner Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2010
    Issaquah, WA
    Posted pics of unidentified ones on this thread:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=423399

Here are some pics of the ones I am pretty sure I know.

The Brahmas One Light, Two Buff, and One Dark surrounding a Barred Rock.
    [​IMG]

All the EEs except the potential Roo. Couple of the Barred Rocks. Buff Brahmas again. The Light Brahma.
    Unidentified white, black, and buff.
    [​IMG]

My chicken count (Need to create a sig)
    Order for 25 Rainbow layers + a rare/exotic = 30 chickens
    9 EE
    9 Barred Rocks
    3 Buff Brahma
    1 Light Brahma
    1 Dark Brahma
    2 Black unknown
    2 White unknown
    2 Buff unkown
    1 Black and White unknown

2. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    good luck on finding out the resst of them

3. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    In that first pic, looks like 2 EEs, not buff brahmas. Does that white/black one in pic 1 have feathered legs? If not, I suspect it is a columbian rock.

Pic 2: The two lighter gold ones in pics 2 are EEs. The other brown/gold ones are welsummers or brown leghorns. The white/black one on top looks like a columbian rock and the white one on the bottom looks like a delaware.

Brahma's have heavily feathered legs.

4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I'm inlove w/your Dark Brahma hen! [​IMG]

Unkown chickies...:
    2 Black ones - either Black Australorps or maybe...??? They look kind of Leghorny to me [​IMG]
    2 White ones - Delawares
    The Buff ones are either Buff Orpingtons or Buff Rocks ... are their feet White or Yellow?
    I don't see the Black&White one? [​IMG]

5. Donner

Sep 19, 2010
    Issaquah, WA
    Quote:The buff brahmas in the pic have feathers on their feet. EEs don't have feathers on their feet. Right? And, it looks like the brown ones I thought were EEs are probably not, as you noticed in the bottom pic, brown leghorns/welsummer is the consensus. I say brown leghorns because McMurray does not appear to carry Welsummer (unless they are an off catalog item). So, now I am wondering whether I have any EEs at all.

The white black one in the second pic is the same light brahma from the first pic. The gold ones are the same buffs from the top pic, they have feathers on their feet which might be fooling you into thinking they have grey feet.

6. Donner

Sep 19, 2010
    Issaquah, WA
    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

I'm inlove w/your Dark Brahma hen! [​IMG]

Unkown chickies...:
    2 Black ones - either Black Australorps or maybe...??? They look kind of Leghorny to me [​IMG]
    2 White ones - Delawares
    The Buff ones are either Buff Orpingtons or Buff Rocks ... are their feet White or Yellow?
    I don't see the Black&White one? [​IMG]

Got Ancona for the B&W one from the ID thread.

[​IMG]

7. BarkerChickens

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    Quote:The buff brahmas in the pic have feathers on their feet. EEs don't have feathers on their feet. Right? And, it looks like the brown ones I thought were EEs are probably not, as you noticed in the bottom pic, brown leghorns/welsummer is the consensus. I say brown leghorns because McMurray does not appear to carry Welsummer (unless they are an off catalog item). So, now I am wondering whether I have any EEs at all.

The white black one in the second pic is the same light brahma from the first pic. The gold ones are the same buffs from the top pic, they have feathers on their feet which might be fooling you into thinking they have grey feet.

You are right, EEs do not have feathers on their feet. MM doesn't carry welsummers, so they would be brown leghorms most likely. Do any of your birds have a beard and muff and a pea comb? That'd help ID your EEs, if you have any.

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I'm guessing the white one is a White Rock... unless it has white earlobes....then it's a leghorn.

9. BarkerChickens

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    Quote:It has faint barring on it's neck though. Wouldn't that lead more towards a Del?

10. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Sometimes I think trying to figure out what breed a chicken is is like trying to figure out how many gumballs are in a jar. You take a guess but you may never really know!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by