1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

7 Welsh Harlequin hatching eggs...SHIPPING INCLUDED!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by shelleyb1969, May 6, 2011.

1. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

I have a gorgeous breeding trio from Metzer Farms. I sent 8 test eggs out to a fellow BYC'er and received a report that all 8 eggs developed...so fertility is definitely confirmed. Paypal payment must be received within 1 hour of auction's end. I will pm the winning bidder with Paypal payment instructions immediately following the end of the auction. These eggs will ship on Saturday provided my payment instructions are followed. The start price INCLUDES shipping cost.

As with all hatching egg auctions, I am not responsible for your hatch rate nor any damage done to the eggs while in transit. The eggs will be wrapped in bubble wrap and shipped in a heavily padded box. I will also mark the box as containing hatching eggs unless you notify me otherwise.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Welsh Harlequin ducks are listed as "critical" by the ALBC. They are considered a light weight breed, maturing at 5-6 lbs, and considered an excellent multipurpose breed. Here is a brief description by Metzer Farms:
    "They have excellent egg production abilities due to their Khaki Campbell background yet retain the instinct to sit and hatch a nest full of ducklings. They are calm, inquisitive and excellent foragers. They can also make an outstanding dressed bird as their underfeathers are almost exclusively white making their carcass as pretty as a pure white bird."

2. srsmith69

srsmith69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Oklahoma
    I was the lucky recipient of the 8 Welsh Harlequin eggs. Fertility was 100%. Packing was great. Here are a few pics of some of the ducklings at 2 days old. Sorry for the quality. They wouldn't hold still and all I had was my phone to take pictures with. I will be watching this auction. I may need some more Welsh babies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Oh my word, srsmith69...those are absolutely adorable. [​IMG] [​IMG] Thank you so much for sharing those pics...you just made an otherwise gloomy day a lot brighter. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by