1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

7 wk old chick sick?!?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ciaran6, Jul 28, 2016.

1. ciaran6

ciaran6 Just Hatched

Jul 27, 2016
    NH
    My first hatched chick (June 7) is sitting slot, hides from the other chicks, is now smaller, very watery poop at times...I just feel like there is something wrong with her. She seems to eat and drink. Anyone have any thoughts/advice? The other chicks are so active and run all over but, not her. I have put a very little bit of vinegar (Braggs) in her water and she has chick feed.

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    You could treat all of them with Corid in their water, since she may have coccidiosis. Dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid or 1 1/2 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5 days. It won't harm the others, and then you don't have to separate her. Make sure that she is not being kept from her food by the others. Feed her a bit of egg for the xtra strength, and give her a drop of Poultry Nutri-drench or Poultry Cell vitamins orally every day. Let us know how she does.

1 person likes this.
  3. ciaran6

ciaran6 Just Hatched

Jul 27, 2016
    NH
    The chicks were fed medicated chick feed, always kept in very clean surroundings, hatched together, and have no blood in stools. Would you still treat the same way? Does Corid treat other illnesses?

4. ciaran6

ciaran6 Just Hatched

Jul 27, 2016
    NH
    [​IMG]
    The upper left is my sick baby...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by