7 wks, marked hen from ideal....breed?

I have 7 very fast growing white or close to white pullets like this one. I can't imagine the hatchery would mistake all my pullets for Roos? I know I should be patient and wait... But I'm so curious! This is my first ever chick experience and its so much fun, I have no idea what I did before this
big_smile.png
I really appreciate all your input.... Thank you!

The only Columbian breed Ideal has in their list is Delawere. Luuking at the tails they are not barred which is good indication that's girl.

I also think that looks like a cockerel. Delaware's aren't a particularly fast maturing breed, but that's a fair amount of comb. Add the sickle feather starting in one pic, plus those thick thick legs, I'm thinking boy.

What did you order, and from where? That's always a good place to start.

I ordered assorted pullets from ideal hatchery. All seven of my big white birds were marked as pullet and there were 4 males included for warmth. I actually sent one picture to ideal and I'm waiting to hear back from them. After posting my males, I have received feedback that they look like pullets?! Here at 2 days old:

Clearly marked!!

Dang, them some fat legs you might say! 7wks with wattles like that is almost definitely cockerel.

Could be a columbian wyandotte. Hatchery quality birds sometimes have straight combs, and if Ideal has a line that throws them it's possible they'd all have it.

Back
Top Bottom