7 young rouen ducklings: 2-3 weeks old

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by shelleyd2008, Dec 30, 2010.

1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I have 7 young rouen ducklings available. 5 are about 3 weeks old, 2 males and 3 females. The other 2 are about 2 weeks old (unsure of sexes). These are still being brooded indoors, they don't have very many feathers yet. Pick-up preferred. Price is per bird. Pics tomorrow.

ETA: I also have an older special needs crested duckling. She is about 5-6 weeks old and completely blind (one of the downsides of breeding crested ducks). She is also inside with her brooder-mates, I'm afraid to move her outside. Right now she knows where her food and water is, if it gets moved the others 'show' her where it is. But I'm afraid she won't be able to 'find' the heat if I move her outside right now.
    She would have to be kept in a secure pen with a buddy or two. She is free to a good pet home. The blindness is not hereditary, but it is a possible side effect of the crested gene. She should start laying eggs this spring.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  2. Jen333

Jen333 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2010
    I would love to buy 2 of them (2 week olds or 3 week olds- 2F or 1F1M) but live in CA. Is shipping possible and safe if older than a day? (I haven't bought shipped older ones)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  3. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    If they are older than 1 day they have to be at least 6 weeks old before they can be shipped. They'll be pretty good-sized by then, I'm not sure what the shipping would be on that.

4. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    [​IMG]

DANG IT I AM MAXED OUT ON SHIPPING FOR A WHILE OR I WOULD TAKE 'EM SHELLEY [​IMG]

5. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:No worries, I'm hatching every duck egg I find and recently all I've found hatch out rouen. So I'm sure I'll have some come tax time [​IMG]

6. Jen333

Jen333 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2010
    Please let me know if you hatch any more rouen ducks. If you do, I would like to buy them as day olds, if you're willing to ship. I would love to have some rouen or cayuga ducks as pets [​IMG] Thank you for the shipping info. as well.

7. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:No worries, I'm hatching every duck egg I find and recently all I've found hatch out rouen. So I'm sure I'll have some come tax time [​IMG]

BY THEN I WILL BE HATCHING MY OWN.... I WOULDNT MIND ADDING MORE PRODUCERS TO THE FLOCK THO... I SUPPOSE THOSE BABIES ARE LINKED TO A BREEDER IN LOUISIANNA?

8. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY

BY THEN I WILL BE HATCHING MY OWN.... I WOULDNT MIND ADDING MORE PRODUCERS TO THE FLOCK THO... I SUPPOSE THOSE BABIES ARE LINKED TO A BREEDER IN LOUISIANNA?

They might be, but probably not. I had a duck and drake not related to his and mixed them all up when I hatched some from mine and the ones from him. So I don't know if the ones I have now (1 drake, 3 ducks) are from his or mine. One of the ducks is the same duck I had last year and I assume she is the layer. But it's hard to say for sure if the drake is from his eggs or my own.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by