rant.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
rant.gif
rant.gif
smack.gif
somad.gif

Who would have thought? I guess the birds don't see the blade. How sad.

An how many die to hitting planes, cars or even things in nature like trees. Then there is deaths do to wolves an dogs an even pray that fights back.

I don't see the issue here. The stupid ones do this or some other stupid thing an die an the smart ones don't, live an breed with other smart ones making the next generation stronger/smarter.

An how many die to hitting planes, cars or even things in nature like trees. Then there is deaths do to wolves an dogs an even pray that fights back.

I don't see the issue here. The stupid ones do this or some other stupid thing an die an the smart ones don't, live an breed with other smart ones making the next generation stronger/smarter.

No, I think you are dead wrong on this one. Even though I am in favor of wind energy I had no idea of this issue regarding eagles and I think that it is a serious enough problem to not only be brought to the public's attention, but serious enough for the scientists who work on wind energy to come up with a solution.

Do you know why they said "about"? Because these silly people drive to the middle of a turbine field, place a dead carcass, and leave. They then come back a couple days later. They then "extrapolate" how many birds are dying based on the number of carcasses they've *never seen.* ANY dead animal they see is logged as a possible turbine death- despite the fact that predators are all over the place.

There has never been a single reported case of a turbine hitting a bird- and I find that video ridiculously suspicious. What are the odds that person (who is trespassing- that car is not allowed that close to a tower) parked at the perfect place and perfect time to catch that? Really?

And though it is but rather bluntly, Rebel has a point. 80% of baby owl die every year because they hit a tree. They don't have flying down pat and boom. If they don't die immediately, the broken wing leaves them pretty helpless against predators.

I am not all for wind, either. It is NOT green. A turbine needs WAY too much oil in the generator to be considered "green", IMO. But it is renewable, and still produces less nasty stuff than, say, coal and older nuclear plants.

Just a possible other side...

Back
Top Bottom