74 candles.........now with pics. :)

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by luvmychicknkids, Jan 24, 2009.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Today is my father's birthday. He is now 74. We are all going to my mom's house.....also doing our family christmas since my husband is military and hard to get us all together, this was the first chance we have had. I made a birthday cake for my dad with 74 candles and rubber duckies. [​IMG] There is (of course) a story behind that. When I was 4 (OMG 34 years ago) a neighbor child lost her rubber duckie. Her grandfather came to our house and accused my dad of stealing it...he stood there yelling and threatening about this duck. It was too funny. So, since then we give my dad rubber duckies randomly as gifts so he never has to steal one again. LOL I am pretty eager to give him his cake, complete with 5 little squeaky duckies of his own!!!! LOL Oh, and just because I think this is pretty interesting, my parents have been divorced for over 20 years....but we all still get together at mom's. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  2. JustChicky

JustChicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2008
    East Texas
    [​IMG] That is funny about the rubber duck.

Happy 74th to him! I hope you all have fun!

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    How fun and what a wonderful day!

Happy, Happy Birthday to your dad! [​IMG]

4. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Thanks guys. [​IMG] We all had a great time. My dad was thrilled with his cake. [​IMG] He hasn't had a birthday cake in many years. Somehow my SIL had missed hearing the duck story so my brother and I got to tell her....she was laughing so hard she had tears. [​IMG] Then, to make a very good day even better, my husband and I left the kids with my mom and had a much needed date alone before my hubby leaves for Turkey. [​IMG]

I just had to show him blowing out his candles. [​IMG] We kinda cheated....my husband was about to burn his hand off and the first ones lit were melting down so some middle ones didn't get lit. LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. andehens

andehens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Scenic Sierra Nevadas
    That is an adorable cake! Your dad looks happy!!

6. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Your dad looks wonderful for being 74 years old! It also looks like he liked his cake. [​IMG]

7. mahen8622

mahen8622 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    KY
    I LOVE THAT PIC OF HIM SMILING lol:D
    my parents have been divorced for going on 13 years and they cant even speak to each other you are very lucky and very blessed

8. andehens

andehens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Scenic Sierra Nevadas
    Quote:He sure does! I started to say that and was afraid I would hurt 73 yo's feelings! [​IMG]

9. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    thanks everyone. [​IMG] Yeah, he is still going strong. Many people in my family go well beyond 90 in great health. I like that![​IMG]

10. cackle

cackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Great story and great picture.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by