??????????

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chaz1, Mar 6, 2013.

1. chaz1

chaz1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2013
    Tennessee
    How old do the chicks have to be before they can go outside.... What's do the,temps need to be...... They are pretty smelly creatures..... I have 16 and they are inside my house in living room.... Just wanting a time/temp frame....

2. hotrodflash

hotrodflash Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2012
    East Texas
    When they are completely feathered out, about 6 weeks old. That is what I have found is a good age to go out full time. Depends on your weather as well.

3. chaz1

chaz1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2013
    Tennessee
    Thanks!.. I have some almost 3 weeks and some almost 2 weeks.... I live in Tennessee and the. Weather is so unpredictable.... Like today freezing cold AND very cold wind.. to Saturday in the 60S......

4. 4 the Birds

4 the Birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Westfield, Indiana
    16 in the living room? [​IMG] Our brooder is out in the garage. As mentioned, at least 6 weeks old and you can add a brooder lamp at a corner of the coop for a few weeks or until that night temps moderate.

After you have chickens for awhile you will learn to love the smell. [​IMG]

5. chaz1

chaz1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2013
    Tennessee
    Yes!!!... Lol we plan on building Atleast one of the coops this weekend.... And putting the heat lamp in there.... I just don't want the poor little things to freeze..... And this being my first go around with chicks I dnt know sensitive to the cold they are:....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by