79 Months

Discussion in 'Ostriches, Emu, Rheas' started by briefvisit, Dec 31, 2014.

1. briefvisit

briefvisit Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2013
    This forum has become quiet. Que sera.

Anyone seen Emu Hugger? Sheriff is still posting. Hi, Calla! Causarius is a veteran. KBGH?

Eric is here today. In 79 months, I've observed his immediate family (and this year's clutch, just one chick, is with him now):

eric
    mrs eric
    mrs noo eric
    felicity
    number one
    greedy
    boy emu -- eight live chicks
    noddy -- seven live chicks
    alpha
    omega
    uno

See 'mating season in australia' and 'planet rothschildi'

se

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  2. Your observations from the wild are great benchmarks for emu farmers and pet owners. Thanks for sharing. PS Happy Hogmanay.

3. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    I am still here Mark. Loca finally started laying but we have yet to get any eggs from Chica.

I love reading your reports. It is so cool to know what they do in the wild versus standing at my fence watching me trough the window until I come out with a cookie. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. kbgh

kbgh Chillin' With My Peeps

Been off the site for a while.

Still haven't gotten our emu yet.

In the process of rebuilding pens.

k

5. briefvisit

briefvisit Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2013
    Last post for a little while -- summer is hard:

the personality thing!! Emus have more than I would have thought, and it's surprising how much you can see in the tame-wild birds.

Little Uno is just amazingly tame, far more than Alpha and Omega ever become, although they arrived at about the same age. I can already pat Uno.

One other thought: this is a fair datum: there is, guys, some Mysterious Greater Pattern of Emu Movements -- or perhaps an anarchic unpattern. At this point, headin' on seven years, I note a sharp difference in the 'waves' of 'just cruisin' through' wild birds that I see. Notwithstanding my eyes, I have at times seen whole flocks and schmoozes of wild birds passing through this area. Conversely, I have seen only two wild birds in 8 weeks this spring and summer.

Will pop in in autumn.

6. Stay cool....we'll miss you.

7. Calla

Calla Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2012
    England UK
    Bye Mark, keep well and enjoy your little Baby Uno...it will love greens, broccol their fav.
    Calla

8. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Bye Mark. We'll miss you! [​IMG] Take care of yourself.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by